Website Bluestones Medical
Bluestones Medical is currently seeking a Qualified Social worker for an ongoing contract within the Barry Area. The Qualified Social worker will ideally be seeking a long term contract working 8.30 am to 5.pm within an Adult community setting.
- To undertake assessment of service users and their carers in accordance with statutory duties under relevant legislation.
- To plan and commission services to meet identified needs and monitor and review care plans in conjunction with service users and carers
- To negotiate and co-ordinate applications for resources and to work in partnership with internal and external partners both statutory and voluntary on behalf of service users and carers
- To undertake case management responsibility for a specific caseload and prioritise workload demands appropriately.
- To maintain up to date electronic and paper case files and relevant documents, providing accurate records relating to performance management and other statistical data as required.
- To prepare for and participate in supervision and Personal Development Review sessions with supervisor/ line manager, and identify personal development and training needs to maintain Registration with the Care Council for Wales.
- To supervise or mentor other staff or students where appropriate and offer input into training programmes and Team Practice Issues meetings where appropriate.
- To take part in office duty rotas and other activities associated with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ensure compliance with the Council’s Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Policies and Procedures
- To implement the principles of the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy whilst carrying out the above duties
- To adhere to Health and Safety legislation / relevant Council policies and procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts / omissions.
- To implement the principles of the Council’s Environment Policy while carrying out the above duties.
- To report without delay any safeguarding concerns to the appropriate safeguarding officer.
- Such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade and in accordance with the general character of the job as may reasonably be required by the Chief Officer from time to time.
- Work 100 Hrs and be placed into the monthly draw for £100
- Out of hours (24hrs access) and support
- Regular training
- Kind, Caring and Compassionate team
- Independent Consultant (so that you know who you are working with)
- Temp Buddy for booking shifts
- Higher rates of pay
- Uniforms (Free)
- Speedy Registration if you have an online DBS in place
PAY and Hours
- £15.36ph to £26.88ph
- Mileage allowence
If this is of interest to you, apply today and a member of the team will be in touch