Website Bluestones Medical
School Nurse for Term time cover
Looking for a job that provides a healthy work/life balance?
Our client within Brighton is looking for a school nurse to assist them in providing medical care within term time. With excellent hours of work on offer this is a truly unique position with hours between 8:30am and 4:30pm with flexibility. Our client looking for someone who is considerate, team spirited and compassionate as this can be a challenging role, however this role brings wonderful life experiences. You would be required to work 40 hours per week, but this is just covering 38 weeks to match term time. With a starting salary of £25,000 and a possibility of an increase depending on experience.
Our client is based in Brighton however this job role also provides training to another base within the surrounding area and would require a driver with own transport to asset.
- To administer medical support and give advice for learners with ongoing medical and mental health conditions. This also includes communicating with other medical professionals, social services, parents/carers and other agencies.
- To maintain safe storage and provide medications to learners within the complex and document administration accordingly by the Nursing and Midwifery Council Standards.
- Implement health promotions for the learners.
- Work along side the Lead Health Care Assistant and be able to take control clinically when the Lead Nurse is absence.
- Be able to handle a challenging environment and work under pressure.
- Conduct prioritisation with work and deadlines.
- Distribute training courses which will involve first day induction and first aid.
- Minimum Requirements:
- RN/RSCN/RNLD/RMN with current NMC registration.
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training Course
- (L3AET)/PTLLS Course – needed to instruct as a training.
- If no training course, willingness to attend L3AET course which can be completed online and can take up to 90 days,
- Experience of Mental Health, challenging behaviour, learning difficulties, autism, etc….
- Hard Working, Flexible, team player and adaptable to meet the needs.
All applications will be required to provide 2 referees, one must be a the most recent employer and be able to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
If you feel you suit this role, please apply today.