Website Bluestones Medical
Registered Manager–Children’s Service
We are seeking an experienced Children’s Service Manager for a service based in Cardiff. It will require the individual to work alongside the existing Registered Manager to enhance management capacity to provide capacity for the day-to-day running of the home and to assist the registered manager to lead on the respite homes development agenda.
For your experience, we are offering £28ph umbrella/LTD week rate and up to £57 on bank holidays, with mileage paid at 0.45 a mile. The Role is for 3 months initially with the high probability of extending.
The role will involve:
- Accepting responsibility and accountability for all the day-to-day activities of the home and providing an example to be followed by others, creating an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere in the home.
- Developing and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including Health colleagues, Education colleagues, members of the local community, children, young people and their families, CIW, Case Management Social Worker
- Ensure that the home’s SoP, is accurate up to date and regularly reviewed to ensure that compliance is achieved at all times
- Actively promote understanding, implementation and compliance with the agreed model of care for the home (eg, Restorative Approaches) and behaviour support programme (Strategies for Crisis Intervention & Prevention) and establish an effective key work system to support this, which includes the provision of individual and group work.
- Ensure that staffing levels of the home and the skill mix required by the home is reviewed frequently, in line with agreed levels of service and operational demands.
- Monitor staff usage, supervision and control, taking action where possible, to ensure a close match between staffing levels and need.
- Chair meetings (team meetings, monthly Placement reviews etc) and ensure that meetings are conducted in a manner, which promotes involvement, understanding and achievement of objectives.
The ideal candidate will have
- Level 5 in health and social care services (children and young people)
- Significant experience of working in a residential Child Care setting at a senior or management level.
- Sound Knowledge of welsh legislation – particularly RISCA as it pertains to residential child care
- Experience of performance management frameworks.
- Experience of managing staff performance.Knowledge and understanding of the Registration and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016
If this sounds like the ideal position for you, get in touch today by applying here or call us directly on 01633 499689 for a friendly chat.