Website Bluestones Medical
Senior Social Worker – Child Protection
We are looking for an experienced social worker to work in a Cheltenham Assessment (s47) Team, where you will hold a caseload of children and provide an effective, evidence-based intervention with consideration of timeliness and impact.
As a Senior Social worker, you will work closely with children, young people and their families to provide support and protection for children and young people in need and at risk. You will have a passion for children’s services, with previous experience within a statutory children’s service and sound knowledge of current legislation.
For your experience, we are offering £35ph plus mileage and travel expenses, with ongoing work within this service, to start ASAP.
The role will involve:
- Managing a caseload with a high level of complexity and risk including those children subject to care proceedings and child protection plans.
- Being Responsible for modelling a high standard of practice in relation to own casework, including good quality case recording and report writing.
- Providing Provide mentoring and specialist consultation or advice to colleagues and other professionals.
- Undertaking direct work with children, young people and families in order to manage risk and achieve the sustained and positive outcomes identified in assessments and plans.
- Be accountable for own practice ensuring it is of high quality and reflect bests practice.
The ideal candidate will have
- Current registration with the Care Council
- Substantial relevant post-qualifying experience of working effectively within a statutory children’s services fieldwork team and with
- children/young people and their families who are assessed as having very complex needs.
- Ability to apply a critical and ethical understanding of legislation, including reference to case law, and statutory frameworks.
- The ability to use a wide range of frameworks for assessment and intervention.
- The ability to cope and function effectively in pressurised situations.
- Flexibility to meet the service needs and carry out any additional work needed out of hours.
- MA/MSc/BA/BSc in Social Work or relevant HCPC approved qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS .
If this sounds like the ideal position for you, get in touch today by applying here or call us directly on 01633 499689 for a friendly chat.
Bluestones Medical is a leading Healthcare Recruitment company dedicated to finding the ideal position for you – if the above role is not what you are looking for; visit us at https://bluestonesmedical.co.uk/private/social-workers/ for a range of Social worker position across the UK