Title: Orthopaedic Scrub nurse
Salary: Up to £31.00 ph.
Matching top healthcare professionals to brilliant opportunities, Bluestones Medical have been named Recruiter of the Year for Best Candidate Care and have new roles for Orthopaedic Scrub nurse in Stoke-On-Trent.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge environment, this role is for you! As an Orthopaedic Scrub Nurse, you will play a crucial role in the operating room, providing specialized assistance during orthopaedic surgical procedures. Your expertise and attention to detail will contribute to the delivery of high-quality patient care and positive surgical outcomes. Make a difference in patients’ lives every day by bringing your compassion and expertise to Bluestone Medical.
As an award-winning company, we offer an unbeatable benefits package along with high payrates and flexibility.
- Access to shifts on NHS Health Boards via our app or your dedicated consultant.
- A referral scheme of up to £300 for anyone that you refer to Bluestones Medical.
- Support from our in-house Clinical Leads who share over 40 years’ experience of nursing and can relate, empathise, and listen to help support our candidates.
- Free Ongoing training & revalidation – our clinical team not only support but will hold training sessions and assist with revalidation to upskill and maintain the quality service that is delivered.
- Free private healthcare for you and your family* through Medicash.
- RapidPay – along with great pay rates you can receive your pay in as little as 24 hours after you submit your timesheet.
- Blue Light Card, Uniform & ID Badge.
And many, many more.
· Surgical Preparation: Prepare the operating room for orthopaedic procedures, ensuring that all necessary equipment, instruments, and supplies are readily available and in optimal condition.
· Scrubbing In: Scrub in and assist the surgical team in donning sterile attire. Maintain aseptic technique throughout the surgical procedure to minimize the risk of infection.
· Instrumentation: Hand instruments to the surgeon as needed during the orthopaedic surgery, anticipating the surgeon’s requirements to facilitate a smooth and efficient procedure.
· Patient Advocacy: Advocate for patient safety and comfort by monitoring the patient’s vital signs and responding promptly to any changes. Collaborate with the surgical team to address patient needs during the procedure.
· Documentation: Accurately document all aspects of the surgical procedure, including the use of instruments, supplies, and any unexpected events. Ensure proper labelling of specimens for pathology.
· Team Collaboration: Collaborate with surgeons, anaesthesiologists, and other healthcare professionals to create a cohesive and coordinated surgical team. Communicate effectively to ensure everyone is informed and on the same page.
· Sterilization and Maintenance: Assist in the cleaning, sterilization, and maintenance of surgical instruments and equipment, adhering to established protocols and guidelines.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- UK NHS professional Registration “Nursing License”.
- Experience as a Scrub Nurse, with a focus on orthopaedic procedures.
- Knowledge of orthopaedic surgical techniques, instruments, and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced surgical environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Commitment to maintaining a sterile and safe surgical environment.
Join our team and make a difference!!! Your expertise and enthusiasm will contribute to our commitment to providing exceptional care. Apply today and embark on an exciting career journey with us. Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to submit their resumes and a cover letter.