Do you want to make a real difference in a young person’s life?
Do you have experience with Complex needs and are looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a qualified nurse to join a residential school, working with disabled children who have a range of complex health needs. The Residential school based in Cardiff is a children’s home and short break provision linked to a School. The children/ young people supported have complex health needs and that is where your nursing skills come in.
As part of the nursing team, you will be responsible for putting together health care plans, Protocols, risk assessments, and liaising with the multi-disciplinary team from the health authority and other outside agencies that support that individual. You will work closely with their in-house therapy team and school/ support staff to ensure a holistic approach is delivered. You will be administering medications, carrying out other nursing procedures, and providing psychological support, but you will also be key to enabling the young people to access the community by accompanying the children and young people to access the community and have fun with whatever they want to do. Your role will also entail training and educating support staff to deliver delegated clinical tasks.
- You will be a qualified Children’s nurse or RNLD nurse with clinical experience.
- You will have a solution focused approached.
- You will need a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and a willingness to challenge yourself to develop new skills.
- You will need to be available for either full time or part time work, flexibility works both ways, so whilst shifts need to be covered, the team work to ensure other commitments can be honoured as they arise.
What we can offer you
- Perkbox- We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
- Employee Support Helpline- You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health & wellbeing and more. This is all available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Induction– Nurses joining the team will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to their specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach.
- Training/Qualification Opportunities- you will be supported to undertake further Personal and professional development.
- Mentorship programme – The Client has close links with the local University and offer a mentorship programme, provided by the university to enable them to mentor student nurses.
- Internal progression opportunities
If you are looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply.
For more information about the role and whether it is right for you please call Lee on 01633 499689.
perkbox is now available for Bluestones Medical workers.
Click the banner below to find out more...