Bluestones Medical Complex Care is looking for dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our team of Support Workers in Ormskirk.
If you are looking for an opportunity to utilise your caring nature to improve the lives of those who are most vulnerable in society, then this is the role for you.
People with learning disabilities and behavioural challenges are not always given the time and understanding they deserve which is a great shame, as with a little bit of support from the right person, they really can flourish in life.
You can be that right person. You can be the difference. You can change the lives of others for the better and this role is exactly the opportunity you need to be able to do that.
- We are looking for staff who can cover long days or waking nights
- This role pays between £13 and £15 per hour including holiday pay
Why become a Bluestones Medical Complex Care Support Worker?
As a registered care provider, we can offer you a diversity of workplaces and flexibility to hours to best suit you and your needs. By joining our team, you will have a dedicated consultant to help you through the registration process and find work that best suits you.
- Flexible shifts that work around you and your availability
- Weekly pay
- Long term opportunities
- Day and night shifts are available
- Free online and practical training courses and refreshers
- Refer a friend bonus scheme with £125
- Dedicated support from our Clinical Manager, Annette & our team of experienced consultants
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Using your skills, knowledge, and experience to provide excellent support for people with mental health challenges and learning disabilities
- Building relationships with service users and their families, to instil trust and confidence in them
- Following care plans to help service users reach their goals and be the mentor they need to help them get to where they need to be
- Support with day to day living which includes personal care. Just because an individual has mental health or behavioural challenges, does not mean they do not deserve to have an excellent quality of life. This is where you come in.
- Support service users on days out and activities and encourage them to have fun and try new activities and experiences.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A kind, caring and compassionate nature, with a drive to support those who are most vulnerable in society be the best they can be
- NVQ level 3 in health and social care or above would be advantageous but not essential
- Having an Enhanced Adults and Children’s DBS on the update service would be advantageous
- Have minimum experience of 1 year working with challenging behaviour
- Be confident in entering a new service and quickly picking up the role required
- Willing to perform personal care tasks
- Have physical intervention experience or willing to undertake practical training
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn
If the opportunity to change lives for the better is something you are interested in, then we want to hear from you. Support Workers can often be unsung heroes, but we are here to make sure you get the reward and recognition you deserve.
If you would like to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, please apply today, or contact the team on 01244 445 072